2011 was filled with a whole lot of bullshit for me, I won’t lie, I am incapable of doing so. But today begins 2012 and onward I go… I finally feel FREE!!!! I am excited to learn more about me, like the fact that I will turn 32 this year… wow, i had no idea I was that old!. I am excited to get lost in creativity, because creativity to me isn’t a hobby…but a form of survival. That is…like … totally dramatic.
I rarely ever get into New Year’s. I was in bed last night at 9pm, at my parent’s house. But this year I have a list of resolutions and plans to share! Here they go…
- pump more iron
- protect myself with dignity and stop compromising myself for others
- get lost in creative projects… all the time. and stop judging and comparing that creativity. it is my own.
- get a dog or move to italy or find a farm to live on…i will take all three, actually!
- get better and more creative styling jobs
- get my car cleaned
- get a haircut
- have a dance party at least once a week…even if by myself, actually preferably by myself!
- get a tattoo ( a small one, mom)
- take more risks in love and other scary things
- recognizing much quicker when people are showing you who they are…good and bad
- take better blog pictures and come up with amazing posts
- try and stay up past 10pm
- give myself more credit
- loving, laughing, and doing…smile more
- dress up more
- appreciating physical objects i possess and stop spending money on more physical objects
- shop more…wait… shit
- appreciate my family more and spend more time with those that give me the giggles
- learn to sing like florence from florence + the machine
Okay, maybe not that last one, but I will pretend in the car or during those solo dance parties. I just became obsessed with Florence + the machine yesterday, totally behind the times…I know! But as I rode the amtrak from Chicago to St Louis yesterday for 5 hours I listened to her and it motivated me for the new year! So, I will end this post, dramatically, with two videos.
happy new year everyone! i hope everyone is as excited about it as me! may it be filled with all the you desire!